Art. Drawing in a modern interior.
At the end of March, traditionally open the door for Art lovers two exhibitions in Paris:
In my opinion, this is one of the most interesting events in the world of graphic drawing. 39 galleries of Europe and America present their findings at the exhibitions. Here you have possibility to find:
- old master drawings of the Italian Baroque;
- works of famous masters (such as Rembrandt, Delacroix, Jericho, Rembrant, Rubens);
- drawings of talented masters of modern graphics.
In today's world, the art of drawing – art based on lines – is often underestimated. We used to think the drawings as "sketches" for paintings. But often, drawing is an independent finished work. Drawing pursues the same goals as painting, just works with fewer colors.
What are the undeniable advantages of drawing in the interior of a modern house:
1. First of all, the drawings are more accessible for collectibles. The number of drawings presented in the contemporary art market is not commensurate more than the objects of painting;
2. Drawings are cheaper than painting or sculpture, but they are also unique pieces of art;
3. Drawing gives you the opportunity to buy the work of an artist whose work you like, if his works in other techniques are too expensive;
4. The drawings are similar in style to the modern minimalist interior, because in the drawings, the defining is the line, not the color.
By the way, the interest in purchasing drawings is growing steadily. The most famous master of the graphics our contemporary, the American Jasper Johns (Jasper Johns). His works are in the permanent exhibition of MoMA (Museum of Modern Art) in new York and is estimated at auction in the millions of dollars.
What you should pay attention to when buying a driwing:
- it is necessary to check the operation for deterioration of paper and damage due to poor storage. These defects, over time, may be fatal to your purchase;
- specify the authenticity and origin of the work. Ask to issue the certificates confirming authenticity of work is a full-fledged work of art;
- learn the history of the work. Was the drawing conceived as an independent work or was part of a series of works in which period of the artist's work was completed. This information is valuable and affects the cost of work;
- the drawing needs on a good design and protection of glass work. This is the "basic" condition of its existence in the interior. Otherwise, sunlight, humidity, and touch stains will ruin the job.
We will talk separately with you about the features of the design of paintings and drawings for the interior of a modern house in the following publications. I wish the guests of Paris true pleasure from touching the Art in these Sunny spring days!
For publication uses the photo of Jasper Johns (Jasper Johns) graphic work," Hadns", 1963, from the permanent exhibition MoMA (Museum of Modern Art) in New York.